Friday, October 22, 2010

Winter Poem

Frau Holda
I am cold.
You shake the down from your blankets,
To much snow.
And your fellow Jack
Frosts my soul.

The dryads will sleep
In the ever-green tree
Inside in the warmth
Through cruel winter deep.

Oh Snow-queen,
Jultom calls,
Old Juleniss.
So release thy cruel hold.

This hard ice-road, cracking my bones
Was ne'er for me.
I can not hear what thy ice-maidens sing.
Just burning kisses my heart to freeze.

Sun-king lying with virgin spring
Forgets his squabbling brood
Leaves us to Frost as he dreams.
But oh what that wicked lady will bring.

Now Red-cap his sleigh of delight
Loaded with lies
From the Fae-realm will ride
Perhaps to snatch him
An unwanted child tonight.

Our doors are circled and crossed
From thy sting
And we remember those lost
In thy season of grief.

Now then from thy ring
Of torture release!
We call on gentle Danu
And winter appeased!
 
 
 
Yup I think snow is on the way.



1 comment:

  1. I do too. Skardi loves the winter. She just brings her skis, and goes hunting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete