Sunday, October 24, 2010

For The Girls

A water sprite came to me.
Her full lips kissing sweet.
She drew me down,
down to the Undine deep.
And left me there
with stolen breath.
Drowned in the sea.
With naught care
nor grief or wot to weep
o'er a foolish love-sick boy like me.
 

To me you are like heaven-fire.
The horns of power shining.
Warming my cold lonely way.
A queen or two has fallen before.
Always the life-orb sets on my day.

Bright flower of morning.
From the path do not stray.
Your spear held fast.
When the last skald
His last song
Has played.


 

Mother-nature wept
When she brought forth you.
Her tears the morning dew.
All her children raised there voice
Giving thanks to The Lord on High.
Ne'er a child so fair
Since the shining one walked the earth.
And all man-kind now lifted up
Is blessed by thy birth.




With trembling delight
Thy lissome limbs around me bold
Do excite a not so secret delight.
When thy fair form I do behold
I weep for want of saving you
From your miserable plight
Come now to my arms
Into the warmth and the light.
Hold me forever
Into the blackest night.
Let not the vile stench
Of ill intent turn you from
what is right.
Let my love surround you.
Receive this not so secret delight.



 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment