Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Sonnet For My Beloved.

     Well lets get down to it then. Most of what I write is poetry. I do on occasion like to write the odd short story. Most of my poems are poems of adoration or gratitude with some silly stuff of the fantastic nature thrown in, and a dark streak where it seems I wrote quite a bit about suffering. (I confess it is a mystery to me what was so terrible,  I can only blame it on certain betrayal's of my love and trust, of which I am not entirely innocent of in my own right.) With out further ado, let us begin with a sonnet written for a certain girl.

R.
Thy sweet tongue need not compose poetry.
Each precious kiss from you gives voice to mine
Thy embrace a poetic place, and holy
Every sweet journey filled with verse and rhyme.
Golden autumn turns to brittle winter
And these chilly bones crave your warm respite.
A lonely inside voice cries “I miss her.
I long to be wrapped in her love tonight.”
Oh Venus, Calm the fit full sleepers dream.
Drench this fierce thirst with the memory of fire.
Keep well my immortal beloved queen.
Mother of Light, Lady of Love and Desire.

And murderous Fate, stay your cruel plan!
Bear me swiftly, and often unto her hand.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...I like this one. When did you write it? Do you have stuff from way back in high school too? I always liked your writing. That AP English class...we're all kinda bonded through that now aren't we? lol
    Jenn Oleen-Rook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I'm sure I have stuff from high school kicking around some where. Yea I remeber that class....:)

    ReplyDelete